Sunday, January 6, 2013

~ Guest: Erika Reed ~ The Next Big Thing ~

Today I have a special guest post - my good friend, fellow Siren author Erika Reed is sharing her Next Big Thing right here on my blog!


What is the title of your book?


My new book is called Her Second Chance at Love. It will be released on January 23rd.

How did you come by the idea?

Everyone deserves a second chance at love. I wrote this book for anyone who has lost a loved one. I feel for those who are left behind to suffer the pain of loss and for the people who feel that a part of them has died along with their loved one. I wanted this story to focus on the fact that life doesn't have to end...that there are so many reasons to move on with your life and countless people who are there to love and support you.



What genre does your book fall under?
 
Erotic contemporary romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters if it were a movie?

Mark Wahlberg, Rachel McAdams, and Tatum Channing

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

There is always enough room in ones heart for more than one love.

Will your book be self-published or traditional?

My book will be published by Siren Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I write when I can find the time which means it usually takes me about three months before I can submit a manuscript. I enjoy writing, however I have a wonderful husband and young children that will alway come first. 

 
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
 
My books aren't compared to other stories. I consider mine to be a one of a kind. :)

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

I enjoy reading M/M/F stories. I thought by adding a twist to the story would help captivate the readers hearts. I also have someone(s) very close to my heart that are in a M/M relationship, and have been for many years. I always found their relationship very admirable, caring, and loving. It is very hard to have a M/M relationship and not be judged by it. Even though they do not have a female to share their commitment with, I thought by adding the female into the equation might interest the reader.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
 

This book is about a heroine who is able to move on with her life after the tragic death of her husband. Her two best friends help her through her grief and she finds herself falling in love with them. Together they learn  how to adapt and expand on their hidden feeling they have always had towards each other.  


 Here is a little teaser about the book:

Lily Mitchell thought her life was over when she woke up in the hospital after she was involved in a car accident, only to find out that her husband Grayson didn’t survive the accident. Luckily, with the help of their best friends since college, Gavin Hudson and Nathan Roberts are there to help her pick up the pieces of her life in her time of need.
 
Nathan and Gavin have longed to have a sexually relationship with each other since college. Gavin and Nathan’s feelings for one another finally come to a head the minute they bring Lily to come live with them. Together they help each other bring out their true feelings for one another. Lily has always loved them. Her heart will always remain true to Grayson, but feels the need to allow Nathan and Gavin to show her to love again.

 
FIND ERIKA REED ON:
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for interviewing me for The Next Big Thing, Laurie. I had so much fun answering your questions and talking to you about them. I hope everyone enjoys my book as much as I did writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview ladies! I am anxious to read Erika's new work and the premise for the story sounds great. I am a firm believer that there is room in the human heart for more than one true love at the same time. I think the cover looks great as well. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview! Can't wait to read this book. Sounds interesting! Congrats Erika...you deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interview Erika! I am going to purchase the book as soon as it comes out!

    ReplyDelete