Sunday, January 20, 2013

~ Guest: Ryan Sherwood ~ The Next Big Thing ~

For all you Sci-Fi fans....I have a special guest post today - my friend and fellow writer, Ryan Sherwood, is sharing his Next Big Thing right here on my blog!
 

What is the title of your book?

Revenants: Fallen Savior, the first in a series of a complete reinvention of the undead, known as the revenant, that has the power and insight of the human soul.
 
How did you come by the idea?

I hadn’t seen a satisfactory, “logical” or new look into how the undead could exist over the centuries and their correlations with existing factions in history. I saw the gap between the supernatural and human to be the soul, so I researched every approved and forbidden religious and scientific text I could find to discover the culture of the revenant, the soul and the interaction between them. In this book and series I explore deeply into nanotechnology, angels & demons, zombies, the soul, Samurai, science, religion, ghosts, morphogenetic field theory, ethics, war and the vast human experience - all from the sharpest vantage, the hindsight of the very end. And there’s plenty of action, twists and new abilities too.


What genre does your book fall under?

Horror/fantasy/sci-fi


Which actors would you choose to play your characters if it were a movie?

I really haven’t pondered that. My guess is visually fitting unknown actors – much of the production cost would be spent on special effects!


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Revenants: Fallen Savior follows Ezra, a new and lost revenant, as he explores what he has become as well as the whole new undead world that comes with it; an existence fully open to the purest and most polluted power ever known, the human soul.
 

Will your book be self-published or traditional?

Revenants: Fallen Savior is published through Synergebooks.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I wrote the novel in 7 months, between jobs, after more than 5 years of research.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

The closest comparison I have discovered after completing Revenants: Fallen Savior was reading Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn series, because of the creation of a whole new world in which inhabitants struggle with amazing internal powers, the familiar external struggles against regimes and an epic battle of survival.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Writing this or any book helps me understand what life I’m living. The more unreal the story, the more real the understanding. Over time, the stories in my head got louder, bigger and more insistent to be born so I committed them to paper so they could rattle around in others heads too.


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest

The same thing that got me to write it - the whole new idea of the undead. A revenant is an undead creature made by the soul that can Haunt and Harness all creation or devastation. A revenant can see all the lives, power and knowledge contained within the soul reanimating the corpse they share and that leads to a vast culture, society, wars and powers that make up the centuries of history and tales explored in Revenants: Fallen Savior and the books to follow.
I also designed the cover.

FIND RYAN SHERWOOD AT:
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ryan's book looks really interesting. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete